Monday, April 23, 2007

Baby and Weekend Update

I'll start with the update from this weekend first just to keep everyone in suspense (keep your pants on cinda.....I'm working on the post right now).

Saturday the three of us (well, three and a half I guess) did a lot of shopping. Yvonne and Elizabeth went to swim class while I did a few loads of laundry. Then we went to town to get some lunch at Goolrick's (one of Elizabeth's favorite places to eat). From there we went to the Chocolate Extravaganza, a fundraiser for the local SPCA. Local companies bring in their chocolate desserts and sell them to raise money. Items ranged from brownies to chocolate covered strawberries to huge pieces of cake. Lots of good food.

From there we went down to the fire station to climb on the fire engines. Well, just as we got on one, they got beeped out so we had to leave. Yvonne and Elizabeth went back to the van while I went to the antique book shop and bought more ephemera (a whopping $8 worth).

After that, we all drove over to the mall where Yvonne ran in for a quick return while Elizabeth crashed in the back seat. She woke up to go into the Dollar Tree for more clothes for her Barbie. Then we went to Best Buy and bought a new vacuum (Hoover Wind Tunnel 2 if I remember right). Then grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and a stop at Carl's for a shake on the ride home.

Woof.

Yesterday was just about as busy. We cut the grass, put down new mulch in the flower beds (after they got weeded), and burned more brush. I also broke the weed eater just as I was finishing. Great. Elizabeth's sandbox (or "sand turtle box" as she called it) also got moved and opened, just to make sure nothing was living inside. Yvonne and Elizabeth also went through a bunch of clothes, trying to sort them out and get them boxed in totes (still working on that one). And that was about it.

Oh, yeah, the sex of the baby!


Don't read if you don't want to know the sex of the new baby. And, yes, there are people that do not want to know. Right now, Yvonne's parents don't want to know, so don't ruin it for them. Please.


Spoiler Warning ahead!






















Are you ready? It's a boy.

Now, I'm sure there's a lot of you out there that are thinking I'm very happy. Well, I am, but not as happy as you think I'd be. Maybe it hasn't set in yet, but it really didn't matter to me if we had a girl or boy. I just wanted the baby to be healthy.

But I am dreading the potty training already. I must be a wimp.

Oh, and the next post will have photos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's really wonderful to have one of each. They're like night and day in just about every way. Seems silly, but it's true. If you lived closer, I'd pawn up truckolads of clothes for you.... that's the worst part... having to get another entire set of clothes (and later on, toys). thanks for the update.
--cinda

Anonymous said...

Potty training YOU was a breeze. I used your Aunt Diana's trick. Drop a few Cheerios in the toilet, then the little guy tries to "sink the battleships". That way there is something to aim at, no peeing on the walls and everything else in the bathroom.

Mom