Thursday, June 15, 2017

40 Years Ago Today - June 1977 - Part II

When it comes to historical research, there are times where the content can be disturbing. I recently sat down with my mother to go through some old photos and she did a great job giving me dates and stories and names of people in them. But along with that great information came some horrible stories. While I don't want to white-wash history and make everything look great, there will be certain aspects of my research that I will keep private.

I want to make it clear that it's not an attempt to make my life look better or to make anyone else look better, or worse, than they're perceived to be by the rest of the world. Instead, I just want to preserve the privacy of those that are still alive and not force them to re-live their nightmare.

With that being said, here's my mother, her step-father Ted, and his dog Teddy. My grandparents always had a poodle of some sort for as long as I can remember them. So it's no surprise to see one in this picture. I don't have an exact date on the photo, but the month and year are pretty clear.



No comments: