Thursday, October 29, 2015

Sunrise Services

Was feeling a bit blue this morning and not really in the mood to run but once again, the idea of going back to bed and skipping a simple 2 miles is just too ridiculous. So I go out and run instead of going back to bed. Kind of like, here, have a cookie. It's tasty.

Anyway, today was foggy and blurry and fit my mood as I started down the road. But the fog started to lift and the sun started to rise and the run, and the day, started to look a little bit better. So I carried on down the road and finished my run and began my day.

Photo:
It's getting spooky out!

Weather:
Temps were about 65F. Lots of ground fog and heavy humidity. Light wind. Sky was mostly clear.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had a little coffee before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was three slices of toast, three sausage links, two eggs, and coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Some lingering numbness in my left foot but nothing major. Comes and goes. No pain, just feels like my sock is bunched up in my shoe sometimes.

Gear:
Wore a long sleeve top and shorts. Also sported my headlamp since I was tired of carrying a flashlight in my hand.

Today's Motivation:
I sound like a broken record but really, this short distance stuff is the bomb. I also thought about delaying my run until this afternoon but I wasn't sure if I'd be running with the kids or not. So I knew I had to get it in this morning.

Naughty Neil:
Did better with eating yesterday. Didn't hit my mark on everything but convinced myself to eat a BLT instead of a big ass burger. And I skipped the fries but went with mac and cheese. In the end, I ended up just 25 calories over my mark. Not perfect but better than the day before.

Splits:
Lollipop 1 - 12:49
Lollipop 2 - 13:23
Finish - 26:13

No comments: