Monday, November 24, 2014

Moving at a snail's pace

YES! I'm back on my feet and moving. Granted, it's at a snail's pace, but I'm doing something faster than walking. Back still felt a little tweaky but the pain was around a 1, maybe a 2. Also had some shooting/radiating pain in my glutes, hip, and left quad. It felt like it was related to my back but I couldn't tell. I know the pain in my knees, calves, and shins were all related to my shoes and poor form. And lack of running for what felt like ages.

So, back on the horse. Or wagon. Or road. Or whatever. Part of it feels like I'm back at square one and part of it feels like I'm falling in love all over again. Either way, I'm happy to get back into running therapy. I needed it.

Photo:
Moving at a snails pace.


Weather:
Temps were about 65F to 70F. Humidity was high. Lots of fast moving clouds but partly sunny. Winds were mostly light but had a few sustained gusts.

Fluids and Fuel:
Just a touch of coffee before I started and plain water during the run. Recovery was 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties, three slices of toast, and more coffee.

Aches and Pains:
See above.

Gear:
No special gear. Wore shorts and a t-shirt.

Naughty Neil:
Fell asleep in my chair twice last night, once before dinner and once after. Caught a second wind instead of going to bed and watched TV while eating a bowl of zombie food (chips and string cheese).

Today's Motivation:
With all the work in the house going on and what feels like a severe lack of free time, I really needed some alone time with myself today. Didn't encounter anything exciting along the way other than waving to a few neighbors. But it was so nice to come back and feel so refreshed, like I actually accomplished something.

Splits:
Loop 1 - 18:13
Loop 2 - 17:19
Finish - 35:33

No comments: