Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Tired Dogs

Just a short recovery run that felt a bit like a breeze and a bit like a slog. I was so happy to get out on the trail and back on my feet until I realized how tired my body was and that I'd much rather have taken a nap. I guess waking up at 0330 to change your son's sheets because he peed the bed will make you a little tired.

Anyway, I managed to get my miles and time in (actually I was a bit over on my time but I was okay with that) and best of all, I didn't puke. My stomach was seriously upset after some poor food choices and it made it known this morning. But, some running, some water, and some applesauce calmed it down enough to finish up the workout.

Photos:
Alligator Swamp was frozen over.


And my shoes were cleaner than my car.




Vine:
https://vine.co/v/MaKpJvguqFO


Weather:
Temps were 25F to 30F. No wind. Sun was out but it was a little hazy.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was coffee. During the run I had water and applesauce. Recovery was oatmeal and more coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Things started out stiff and sore but after a quarter mile I felt like I was flying (I wasn't) and felt great (that would change). My stomach gurgled but eventually settled. I started to feel pooped after I turned around and was eventually happy that I only ran two miles.

Gear:
Wore shorts, pants, shorts, thermal shirt, short sleeve shirt, wind breaker, winter hat, and neck gaiter. Took my knife but left my heart rate monitor at home.

Heart Rate:
I didn't track it but it felt okay for the first mile. The second mile I felt a little more winded and sluggish until I had a quarter mile left then I felt like running fast. I didn't but I felt good.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 15:04
Mile 2 - 14:13
Finish - 29:18
RHR - 58

No comments: